ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Migrate TSM server ( Win to Linux)

2011-10-04 07:34:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Migrate TSM server ( Win to Linux)
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:28:55 +0200
I would look into the option of renting a library or buying a refurbished
on.

I have no idea what kind of capacity we are talking about but you could also
migrate to disk (maybe with dedupe) and then migrate back to tape if you
happen to have (or be able to rent/borrow) the disk capacity you need.

As the others mention, if you can't attach some storage space it's not
possible.
The migration doesn require the full amount twice if you are able to cleanup
after every migration and do it node for node but 5 slots is not much in any
case.

Reclaims running ok?