ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Migrate TSM server ( Win to Linux)

2011-10-04 02:28:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Migrate TSM server ( Win to Linux)
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 08:22:18 +0200
If you dont have space in your library, none of the options will work. Both
require you to export/import data, which in turn requires space for the new TSM
server in your library.

No way of making space? Perhaps some old data that you can check out of your
library and have outside the library? A copypool you can remove?

If there's no way of making space in the library, it's going to be a hard thing
migrating your TSM server from the Windows box to the Linux box, all available
options require that you do a export/import since moving the database from
Windows to Linux isnt supported.

Best Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman