ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Reducing/Reclaiming tsmlog space

2011-09-30 11:14:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Reducing/Reclaiming tsmlog space
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:06:24 -0400
I recently expanded the log size from 60GB to 120GB to allow for an
expected increase in transactions (was deleted 190M objects).

Now that this is over, I need to shrink it back down to 60GB since the
filespace it is using is shared by the DB and now I get a daily messages
that the DB is running low on space (89.40% utilized.

So what does it take to do this?   I am guessing that simply changing the
logsize to 60GB won't just magically reclaim the space....

Server is Linux 6.1.5.10

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University