ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up EMC SourceOne

2011-09-29 16:21:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up EMC SourceOne
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:05:01 -0500
Bill,

We have one SourceOne server using a database on a separate server.  We
run the job sequence using BMC's Control-M scheduler.

SourceOne server        1) Activity Suspend vbs
                        2) Native Archive Suspend vbs
Database server 3) Database export
                        4) Archive of export
SourceOne server        5) Archive of SourceOneMessageCenter,
SourceOneIndex directories
                        6) Native Archive resume vbs
                        7) Activity Resume vbs
The entire process takes about 20 minutes.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but hope it helps.

Jim Schneider
United Stationers