ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with DocAve SharePoint TDP Restore

2011-09-27 08:10:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems with DocAve SharePoint TDP Restore
From: "Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT OA.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:00:19 -0500
Hi Kirk,
Usually the source of this oh-so-informative error message has to do with the
widespread elevation of rights for the Agent user.  You might try logging into
the destination db as the account and see if you can create a database.
Also-- if you are doing an in-place restore of a deleted site, it may not have
the requisite "framework" to create the site into.  DocAve is picky about what
you select (like the "." directory for example to restore-- it will allow you
to pull out pieces that require destination site configuration to accept.  Did
you select the whole platform backup to restore, or a (sub)site deeper in the
hierarchy?  It is picky about that too.
Read the documentation carefully-- it will contain the caveats of how to do the
restores, and the how-tos are very literal-- meaning the instructions show
exactly how to do what they are demonstrating, but you shouldn't extrapolate
processes from the examples.
Do you happen to know if there has been a Redbook put out on TDP for
DB/SharePoint yet?

Good luck, HTH

-lisa