ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP SQL reports back ACO5422E

2011-09-27 04:44:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL reports back ACO5422E
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:19:26 +0000
Hi,
I was hope to find some light here at the forum.
I have a Windows Server 2003 SP2 with a MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise installed.
I have installed TSM BA Client 6.2.3.0 and TSM for MSSQL 5.5.5.1 and the TSM
Server version is 6.2.3.0

But when I try to run a backup of our MS SQL Server via GUI does a got a ! sign
on a couple of databases (only 5 of 50 db).
When I try to backup does databases I got an error "ACO5422E Recived the
following from the MS SQL Server: Specified cast is not valid. (HRRESULT:
0x80004002)"
But when I try to backup the databases that doesn't have any marks on them it
works OK.

I have look around on the web and found following artical but none of them
working for us.

http://adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?24035-Some-database-of-MS-SQL-Server-can-t-be-backed-up-using-TDP-for-database

http://adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?23467-How-can-I-exclude-a-single-database-from-a-TDP-MSSQL-backup

We have also try to create a dedicated backup account in SQL that has full
access to everything but that has the same issue if I try to use "Integrated"
account option in TSM for DB.

I have also involved some DBAs and they can dump the database to a flat file
without any issue. I have also ask them to compare the databases that works and
not working. But I haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks in advanced for your help and suggestions that maybe solve this issue.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms