ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Updating a script within a script

2011-09-23 18:28:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Updating a script within a script
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:18:18 -0500
The problem with Delete/Define is that if your script is subscribed to a
profile for distribution to other TSM servers you manage, you've just deleted
from the profile implicitly and not re-associated it with the profile.

Oddly enough, I hit a very similar problem today with UPDATE SCRIPT; the
intermediate state of the script after some (but not all) updates was an
invalid command, which blew up my UPDATE macro. That wasn't nice.

Nick