ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving tapes offsite

2011-09-16 16:50:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving tapes offsite
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:44:16 -0500
We had a request that sounds similar from our legal department.  We collocated
the data in a copy pool, then we took those copy tapes and a backup of the DB
and stuck it in the vault.  Because ours is small we left the tapes in the live
TSM DB, but you could delete them from the live DB.
If the data is ever needed "simply" restore TSM from tape and restore the data.

Andy Huebner