ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] IA64 vs x64

2011-08-31 17:58:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] IA64 vs x64
From: Jim Neal <jrneal AT BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:42:28 -0700
Hi All,

                I would like to know if it makes any difference if you
install the IA64 or x64 version of TSM on a Windows client?   Specifically,
does it cause issues to install IA64 on an AMD based system or vice versa?
If you are using and i7 Core system, can you use both?  I have tried to find
clear answers to this in the documentation, but it does not seem to be
specifically addressed in either the readme files or the client
documentation.   Thanks much!

                Jim Neal

                Sr. TSM Administrator

U.C. Berkeley