ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NPPD -- IBM LTO5 Tape Drive question

2011-08-30 11:50:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] NPPD -- IBM LTO5 Tape Drive question
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:46:29 -0500
Hi...........

Has anyone been using IBM LTO5 tape drives in an IBM 3584-L32/D32s Tape Library
configuration which has fourteen IBM LTO4 tape drives??  We presently use new
IBM LTO4 tape drives for replacements, however, new IBM LTO4 tape drives will
be hard to find in the future.  We started to look into new IBM LTO5 tape
drives as replacements, however, ALMS and enhance node card must be installed,
we think into our IBM 3584-L32/D32s Tape Library.

Does anyone have more information about what is needed so an IBM 3584-L32/D32
firmware V7422 configuration can be change to support new IBM LTO5 tape drives??

Tnx's a bunch...............