ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 / Amazon S3

2011-08-17 13:51:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 / Amazon S3
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:41:31 -0400
That is why I mentioned "Riverbed Whitewater".    It allows you to connect
TSM to a number of cloud services using the file device class.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
ethompson AT ITLIFELINE DOT NET

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
08/17/2011 12:21 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 / Amazon S3

I understand that it does not exist natively.  Is there a way to do it
via a storage gateway?  Other solution?

Thanks again.  Eric

No, this doesn't exist natively.  If you were interested in doing this
with TSM, take a look at Riverbed Whitewater. Using it as a primary
storage pool doesn't seem to be a best practice, however.

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn Drew

Internet

ethompson AT ITLIFELINE DOT NET

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

08/16/2011 02:38 PM

Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 / Amazon S3

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.