ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Help tracking down spurious "Failed 12" errors

2011-08-17 08:37:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Help tracking down spurious "Failed 12" errors
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:34:11 +0200
The most common reason I see Failed 12 at our customers is when parts of the
systemstate backup fails.

I just checked a customer TSM server and they had several Windows boxes failing
with Failed 12. When going through the activity log, there isnt an actually
error, but I can see that it's backing up 6 parts of the systemstate object.
The result from the backup says 4 objects where successfully backed up, and 2
objects failed. Unfortunately, the activity log doesnt tell me which part of
the systemstate backup that failed, only that it tried backing them up. I have
no access atm to the dsmerror.log / dsmsched.log so I cannot tell you what kind
of error (if any) to look for.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman