ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS4007E Access Denied Errors for SOME files on Netapp CIFS Shares

2011-08-15 17:23:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS4007E Access Denied Errors for SOME files on Netapp CIFS Shares
From: "Huebschman, George J." <gjhuebschman AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:19:16 -0400
TSM Server: Server Version 5, Release 5, Level 1.0

TSM Server OS: AIX 5.3.0.0

TSM Client : Client Version: Version 6, release 1, level 0.0

Client OS:

OS Win2K3 Standard Edition

Os Version 5.2.3790

NetApp Release 7.3.2P4

I am seeing problems similar to what is described in IC56269:

"The TSM Backup-Archive client reports the following error during

backup in some cases:

ANS1228E Sending of object 'filename' failed

ANS4007E Error processing 'filename': access to the object is

denied

In this case, the error happened on all objects when backing up

a EMC NAS share mounted in read-only mode through CIFS."

The differences are that

-          NOT all objects are being denied

-          It happens on both Read-Only mode and Read-Write CIFS share
objects.

-          We are past the Client fix levels of 5.4.3 and 5.5.2

I have been able to work around the issue by running manual backups from
the command line after setting "VSCAN OFF " on the filer.

I had opened a PMR with IBM where they suggested toggling VSCAN off and
testing a backup.  That is as far as a solution went.

Any ideas?

George Huebschman
Storage Support Administrator

Legg Mason, LMTS
410 580-7377 (office)
410 522-8581 (mobile)

IMPORTANT:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Legg Mason
therefore recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive
information to us via electronic mail, including social security numbers,
account numbers, or personal identification numbers. Delivery, and or timely
delivery of Internet mail is not guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore recommends
that you do not send time sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not
use, copy or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the author by replying
to this message and then kindly delete the message. Thank you.