ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] The volume has data but I get this: ANR8941W

2011-08-14 03:54:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] The volume has data but I get this: ANR8941W
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:55:21 +0200
It's either corrupt or actually blank, meaning that TSM has written data on it,
but the hardware didnt actually write the data (common when using an incorrect
FC driver for example).

The "q volume" command only gathers data from the database, thus not proving
that the cartridge actually contains data. I'm guessing you didnt do
checkl=barcode when auditing the library. That means that TSM actually tried
reading the data on the cartridge, but failed.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB