ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Dedup question

2011-08-10 11:33:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Dedup question
From: Erwann SIMON <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:26:11 +0000
Hi Andrew,

Client side dedup requires that destination pool is set up for dedup, so it
must be a file device type pool.

If you change this for another device type pool (VTL for instance), you'll
loose the ability of doing client side dedup.

Also note that there are restrictions to simultaneous write operations when
dedup is partially available, like in your example (destination is file with
dedup whereas activedata is vtl without TSM dedup).

Changing from file to vtl device type will make you lost client side dedup
capabilities.