ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] New 6.2 servers

2011-07-28 13:11:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] New 6.2 servers
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:06:28 -0400
I'd recommend 4 vg's for the data base, a vg for the active log, and a
vg for the archive log.

>>> "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM> 7/28/2011
11:50 AM >>>
Does anyone have any "under documented" tuning tips for TSM 6.2 on AIX?
 We are going to build new systems next week.

AIX 6.1
P6 - 2 CPU 32GB RAM
TSM 6.2.?
Any SAN disk config I want. (within reason)

All SAN disks are RAID 5 thin provisioned.
Should I split the DB onto multiple drives?  (TSM 5.4 DB is 165GB @ 70%
used)
Separate log drive, but how big?

Thank you,

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited
from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or
its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

Thank you.