ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NPIV for LAN-free backup of SQL server in VMware

2011-07-27 15:22:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NPIV for LAN-free backup of SQL server in VMware
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:19:29 -0400
Mehdi's original question was about running Data Protection
for SQL in a guest machine under VMWARE...
... so I wanted to make sure that part was clear.

With regards to your statement about performing an entire
VM backup, you need to be careful about the state
of the SQL databases at the time of the VM backup.
They will be in "crash recovery" state unless you run
some sort of script to quiesce or shut down the SQL Server
prior to the "backup vm" command.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 07/27/2011
02:50:08 PM: