ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to script commands at startup

2011-07-18 11:52:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to script commands at startup
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:44:33 -0400
>> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:16:18 -0400, "Pagnotta, Pam (CONTR)" <Pam.Pagnotta AT
>> HQ.DOE DOT GOV> said:

> Does anyone know how to write a script, or can point me to something
> that will issue TSM commands from an administrator session shortly
> after the server is restarted?

There are several possibilities, none of them particularly delightful.

+ You can define an administrative credential which has the power to
  do the stuff you want done, stick the password in a script file
  somewhere, and run the command with e.g.

  dsmadmc -id=[whatever] -password=[whatever] (-server=whatever?) run [SCRIPT
NAME]

+ You can define a schedule inside the server that runs, say, every
  hour;  this schedule will run your script.  Call this SCHED-1

  Then you define _another_schedule to run every hour.  This one does
  two things: looks to see if it's been less than (say) two hours
  since the server started.  If so, it should activate SCHED-1.  If
  it's been _more_ than two hours, then it should _de_activate
  SCHED-1.

There are probably other ways to handle this too.... but these are the
ones I've contemplated in the past.

- Allen S. Rout