ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NetApp NDMP backups to TSM server?

2011-07-15 10:23:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NetApp NDMP backups to TSM server?
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:47:57 -0600
Yup.  Look in the TSM Admin Guide, Chapter 8 -> Using NDMP....

Go to Backing up and restoring NAS file servers using NDMP -> Performing
NDMP filer to Tivoli Storage Manager server
backups

The short story - if you point the copygroup for the ndmp mgmt class to a
regular stgpool rather than one configured for NDMP san operations, it will
automatically attempt to use IP.  You can basically completely bypass all
the backup-over SAN bits.....

Paul