ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.

2011-07-13 07:14:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes with different drive list under One Scheduler.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 07:04:28 -0400
On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:36 AM, Lakshminarayanan, Rajesh wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
>      I tried following options;
>
> Scenario 1:
>
>        Policy Domain Name: WORKFLOW
>                 Schedule Name: TEST_FULL_BKP
>                        Action: Selective
>                       Objects: *
>
> Result: only files under "c$\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\"
> directory got backed up. "DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL" was specified in the dsm.opt
> client node.
>
> Scenario 2:
>
>       Policy Domain Name: WORKFLOW
>                 Schedule Name: TEST_FULL_BKP
>                        Action: Selective
>                       Objects:
>
> Result: I am getting error message saying "ANS1079E No file
> specification entered".
>

>     Am I missing out anything.

You schedule Description says that your intended action is an incremental
backup.  Where the Objects field is empty, an Incremental backup operates
against the DOMain option held by each client associated with that schedule.
Your Action field should specify Incremental - else you will suffer the effects
indicated in my previous response.  The DOMain statement does not participate
in Selective backups, where the nature of a Selective backup is that some set
of specific files is to be backed up, regardless of there already being an
image of them in TSM server storage already.  There is rarely any need to
perform a Selective backup of a whole file system, given that an Incremental
secures a complete image of the file system the first time run against it.

Please refer to the client manual to understand the various TSM operations and
processing options.  You need a solid grounding in the product in order to
effectively proceed in its use to safeguard client systems' data and recover it
when necessary.

     Richard Sims