ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5-6 upgrade issue

2011-07-05 18:46:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5-6 upgrade issue
From: Richard van Denzel <RDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:43:35 +0200
Hi,

Just from the top of my head, you probably in the wrong directory to
start it.

ANR0905W Options file /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsmserv.opt not
found.
ANR7811I Using instance directory /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64

Besides that, you should start it as the instance owner, not as root.
During the manual part, only the first bit has to be performed as root,
the rest should be done as the instance owner (only step 1 on page 24 as
root, the rest as the instance owner). Are you sure you performed all
the necessary steps (and as the right user)?

BTW, if you use MobaXTerm instead of PuTTY, then you can also start
X11-programs as well.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Richard van Denzel