ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] snapdiff advice

2011-06-28 18:30:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] snapdiff advice
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:27:44 -0500
Thanks, Alain!

For the CIFS case, it looks like I was missing the "net use" step; doing
that first made the backup work (we already had the NetApp configured
with a user with correct capabilities and the password for that user was
already set on the TSM client side).

I'm still having no luck with snapdiff of NFS from a Linux client.  The
share is mounted (exported read/write with root access), I'm using the
same NetApp account for the API connection (and the password is set at
the client), but the backup fails with the same errors as I originally
described.  I was missing the TIVsm-BAhdw RPM at first, but correcting
that made no difference.

(My NFS testing is on a filer running 7.3.2, but I'm not worried about
Unicode support at this point; I just want to get snapdiff to work at
all.  Neither the SNAPDIFFNAMEFILTEROFF nor SNAPDIFFONTAPFAP testflags
had any effect on the attempts, either.)

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa