ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Identify Duplicates Idle vs Active state?

2011-05-25 11:36:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Identify Duplicates Idle vs Active state?
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:17:38 -0400
Hi Harold,

I am running 6.1 with dedup and have coded scripts to check the id dup
processes before proceeding.

Here is a snippet -

upd scr start_migration 'select count(*) from processes where
substr(process,1,1)=''I'' -'

upd scr start_migration '                                 and status
like ''%1A.%active%'' having count(*) < 1 '

upd scr start_migration 'if(rc_notfound) goto reschedule'

The sql is looking for any still id dup processes still active - I run 3
processes

for each 'landing zone' pool.  If none are active, the select returns a
value (0) and the logic

falls thru to start migration.

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell