ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduling how to

2011-05-20 18:18:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduling how to
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 18:12:31 -0400
I had the same needs back a while ago and came up with the same answers you
have. Even with the advanced scheduling functionality, there is no way to only
run a schedule from one start time until another stop time.

Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM> wrote:

I thought this could be done completely within the schedule options, but I
can't seem to find the answer. Using an external script feels ugly for this. I
would like a client schedule run every hour from 00:00 -> 20:00 The only think
I can think of is to have a period of one hour, then have an admin script
update the start time every day at 20:00 to skip to the next day Is there a
better solution? I need to run hourly log backups, but I want to stop them
while the full/diffs run. What is the preferred way to do this? Regards, Shawn
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its
purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the integrity
of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore
be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain functions and
services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.