ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for Mail and Exchange 2010

2011-05-17 10:50:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail and Exchange 2010
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:38:28 -0600
Folks,
   I have a question about TDP for Mail. I have been doing it on Exchange 2007
with the legacy backups for a long time with no problems. We are migrating to
Exchange 2010 and now you have to back it up using VSS. I must say, this is a
complicated procedure, as I found other folks having issues while searching the
ADSM-L archives.

Here is the documentation from Tivoli on how to set it up, but due to the
various options and iterations, it is lacking in specific examples:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6/topic/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/b_dp_mail_exc_guide_win.pdf

I was wondering if anybody had a step-by-step procedure for their environment
they would like to share.

This is the environment I am working in:
TSM server: AIX, TSM V6.2.1
Exchange client: Windows 2008 R2, SP1. Exchange 2010
        BA client v6.2.2 (64-bit), TDP for mail v6.1.3
Storage: Just a simple SAN. I don't want to link it with DS, SVC, Netapp
snapshots, etc. I just want to push a copy to TSM

I can get the BA client working no problem, but after setting up the TDP client
and altering its dsm.opt and tdpexc.cfg file and running the "grant proxynode"
command on the TSM server, I still get this error:

ACN5705W An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager API
initialization, rc = 400.
Examine the dsierror.log for more information or determine if the TSM API is
installed properly.

I look at the dsierror.log file and it is not even being written to. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled the TDP client, but still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben