ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] restore question

2011-05-11 10:27:07
Subject: [ADSM-L] restore question
From: Jeannie Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:20:53 -0400
Hello.  Wondering if anyone else has ever seen this scenario:

We had a 2003 windows server that died last week.   Got a new 2008 server this
week.  Did the restore for the 'user' drive for all their data.  (Used the TSM
gui to do the restore.  TSM client version 6.1.2).
But during the restore about 4 hours into it, we got the prompt to 'replace the
existing file?' message for one of the files that was being restored.

Now because this is a brand new server that never had any user data on it, why
would we get prompted this message?

Before we started the restore, we did not choose any of the restore options for
the replacing,etc, because it was a brand new server, i didn't think this was
necessary to do.

anyone know why this happened??
thanks.

____________________
Jeannie Bruno
Systems Analyst
jbruno AT cenhud DOT com
284 South Ave.
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845-486-5780

This message contains confidential information and is only for the intended
recipient.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this note and
deleting all copies and attachments.  Thank you.