ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] lbtest sometimes doesn't return barcodes

2011-05-09 17:59:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] lbtest sometimes doesn't return barcodes
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 15:57:57 -0600
I have a wierd issue I'm hoping someone has seen before.   I have a 3584
tape library attached to an AIX box.  I have a bunch of perl scripts that
deal with tape automation.  Part of this process uses lbtest to grab the
current contents of the IO door.   However, I've had it happen a few times
where things stopped working, and when I investigate I find that lbtest has
suddenly stopped returning barcodes.   All of the elements show FULL or
EMPTY, but no barcodes are listed, and barcode_len = 0.

If I go to the library web gui, I see the barcodes.  And if I just leave
things alone, in 24h or so it seems to go back to normal.  Nothing I do to
the library (including rebooting it) seems to fix the problem immediately.

Very very wierd.  Anyone seen this before?

regards,

Paul