ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tape reservation types in AIX

2011-05-04 15:29:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tape reservation types in AIX
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 15:18:19 -0400
NDMP over FC in the mix could cause some reservation headaches.  We have
our netapp's set to persistent, but AIX set to the default (reserve_6)
and all is well.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
05/04/2011 01:57 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] tape reservation types in AIX

We had a big problem with reservations that turned out to be caused by
using different versions of Atape across our tsm servers and storage
agents.  As we were working with IBM, we would point out that there was
different versions of Atape across our systems.  They told us there was no
problem with having different versions of Atape  across our systems (all
AIX).  But, the solution that  finally worked was to get all systems to
the same (latest/greatest) Atape.

Rick