ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTO5 performance

2011-05-03 16:47:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTO5 performance
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:41:09 -0500
Thanks all for the response.  I agree with al the statements made.  I
am just trying to determine whether anyone is getting the published
specs on the LTO5, or what the real world transfer rates are.

I am running archives of large Oracle database files, so I don't think
that file size is an issue.
I am running on new P770 equipment, so it should be able to push the
data.  I can write to /dev/null at 1000+ MB/s.

Before I make recommendations to fix the LTO5 performance, I just want
to be sure that it is possible.  Have the vendors overstated the
performance metrics, or is this environment an exception?  It seems to
be writing at the minimum sync speed for LTO5.

Thanks again.

Gary