ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Calling all IBMtape Packrats

2011-04-29 14:46:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Calling all IBMtape Packrats
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:42:42 -0600
Hi folks,

I have someone who has an (out of maintenance) 3592-J1A (FC) Magstar tape
drive with a need to attach it to either Windows 2000 or Windows XP.   The
currently available IBMtape drivers only support 2003 and 2008.

However, I recall from experience that IBMtape used to be supported on 2000,
and some online digging suggests that at one time it was supported on XP.
Normally I would have just gone to the boulder FTP site and downloaded older
drivers.  However it appears that recently that's all come down in favour of
fix central.  :(

SOOOooo.... knowing that at one time in my life I used to packrat this sort
of thing, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who may have stowed away
somewhere older IBMtape drivers that support 2000 or XP?  :)  If so, any
chance you're willing to share?

regards,

Paul