ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: Re: TBMR or CBMR

2011-04-13 15:57:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: TBMR or CBMR
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:54:06 +0200
I dont work at or use CBMR myself, but I did evaluate it once.

It does actually integrate with TSM since it uses TSM as a repository. So that
it would be a standalone product is wrong (unless something changed in a newer
version).

I'd still select TBMR out of several reasons though; a) same producer, easier
support b) It's using MS standards (as in ASR) c) It's easier to handle as to
licenses since again, it's the same producer b) It does what it's intended todo.

I have also heared from several customers that they were having issues related
to network cards when it came to CBMR, I guess I'll be corrected on this one by
Christian.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman