ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] reclamation question

2011-04-11 13:15:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] reclamation question
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:53:34 -0400
                We have three storage pools, the primary pool is a devtype FILE
and the two copy pools are devtype LTO3. The offsite copy pools gets
transferred offsite via DRM.
                Whenever I run a reclamation on the offsite copy pool the
system grabs a scratch tape and then copies files from the primary pool and
starts filling up tapes. I'm perfectly happy with that process.
                I have an issue when I do the reclamation of onsite tapes. It
loads up a tape (might be scratch) and then another tape to copy the data from.
It ends up doing a tape to tape copy. In a way it uses twice as many tape
mounts as an offsite reclamation. And since I only have 6 drives it kinda
cramps up my options sometimes.
                Is there a way to do a reclamation of the onsite copy pool and
have it pull data from the primary pool instead of doing a tape to tape copy? I
mean it can do it for the offsite pool, why not the onsite as well?

David Tyree
Interface Analyst
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155
Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,  disclosure or
message.