ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage advice

2011-04-10 19:40:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage advice
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:35:49 +1000
Collocation for the storage pool is set to "none". No I am not using the "du="
parameter on the reclaim commands. I check the log and they do finish
successfully.
They are a mixture of "full" and "filling" tapes. They are all set as "offsite".

Thanks & Regards
Paul

> > I currently have a lot of copypool storage tapes which are between 50 - 60%
> utilization. Expiration runs daily and I run reclaimation daily on this
> copypool, set to
> 50.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to try and consolidate the data onto fewer
> > copypool
> tapes?
>
> I would conclude that you have your collocation on the copypool set to
> something
> other than "none." My back-up theory is that you're using a "dur=" parameter
> on
> your reclaim commands, and they simply are not finishing.
>
> Are these tapes marked as being off-site? Are they in "filling" status or
> "full"?
> "Filling" tapes normally are excluded from reclamation if they're allegedly
> still in the
> library.
>
> I'm not sure why it would matter, but what's your TSM server level?
>

> Nick

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.