ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8939E on new TSM server

2011-04-04 14:21:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8939E on new TSM server
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:57:34 -0400
Do you have the appropriate lintape drive installed?

David

>>> Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET> 4/4/2011 1:18 PM >>>
Windows 2008R2 and an Adaptec 29320LPE SCSI adapter connected to TS3310
and
LTO3 drives.

ANR8337I LTO volume 646AFAL3 mounted in drive LTO1 (mt1.0.0.5).

ANR8939E The adapter for tape drive LTO1 (mt1.0.0.5) cannot handle
the
block size needed to use the volume.

ANR8468I LTO volume 646AFAL3 dismounted from drive LTO1 (mt1.0.0.5) in
library TS3310.

ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume 646AFAL3 - mount failed.

This replaced an older TSM server and right now any tapes that were
created
on the old system give the ANR8939E message and won't mount. The
ANR8939E
message refers to setting the MAXNUMSGLIST parameter for the HBA.I
have
SCSI! I did find an entry on the ADSL-L archive from March 2009 saying
that
the LPE card wouldn't work with TSM as it doesn't support the 256K
buffer
used by TSM. New tapes created from beginning of tape work just fine on
this
new system. Although it seems that the performance just isn't there
considering LTO3 drives.
(http://adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?17292-Restore-of-TSM-database-to-DR-se
rver-failing/page2)

Anyone using this adapter with TSM? This is one of those PCI-e cards.
I'm
getting information on replacing the riser in my 3550 M2 server and
going
back to the PCI-x 29320ALP adapter. That one I'm pretty confident
with.

The ANR8939E says to set the MAXNUMSGLIST to 0x41.and that's what is
currently set in the registry for this LPE adapter. Tried the latest
Adaptec
driver 7.0.0.12 and reverted back to the default Windows driver that
gets
installed with Windows 2008. Same thing.

I have a PMR open with IBM Tivoli support, but they just want to close
it
out as a hardware issue. I'm not getting any error/warning messages in
the
eventlog for Windows or anything. Just the ANR8939E and can't get at
my
data!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bill Boyer