ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3500 capability with ALMS not TSM

2011-04-01 13:08:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3500 capability with ALMS not TSM
From: dowyboy <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:07:27 -0700
Hi, I've a question on TS3500 with 4 x 3592 E06s installed. Just using ALMS and
not TSM, is it possible to do the following?

We want to run the TS3500 as x4 ACLs. So partition the library xx tape slots
per 3592. Then run a job & the library pick up the top slot, then move
through each tape sequentially, stopping at last tape.

The system will be attached to our two principle linux login nodes for our HPC
processing systems

The principle use for this system will be as autoloader for survey tapes,
each survey is probably around 100-120 tapes normally.

We would also put in place a load of scratch tapes so that we can output large
datasets sequentially direct to tape from the application rather than to disk.

So really it would have up to 4 'libraries' working in principally sequential
autoloader mode most of the time I think.