ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SAS/Share

2011-03-31 16:04:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] SAS/Share
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:59:57 -0400
We are in the process of migrating our SAS environment, including
SAS/Share, from a z/OS system to an x86 Linux system. We are
currently running tests with copies of some of the SAS datasets
from the old environment. We have been running TSM backups with
the SAS/Share server code up, but at a time when there is
normally nobody using SAS. If TSM backs up the SAS datasets
without errors, can we safely assume that we will be able to
restore the files and end up with valid SAS datasets? If not,
is there a SAS/Share analog of the hot backup facilities available
for the more popular database systems?