ADSM-L

[ADSM-L]

2011-03-29 18:57:20
Subject: [ADSM-L]
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:54:27 -0400
Thomas,

I am not sure if not having a backup of this file will prevent recovery. It
would seem that this is part of the C: drive and not a nominal part of the
system state. However, one thing I would suggest (and I am personally
starting to think of it as a 'best practice') is to use SNAPSHOTPROVIDERFS
VSS so that all volumes (not just system state) are backed up via snapshot.
This will ensure that files are not skipped because if they are opened for
exclusive use by some other application.

I would also suggest periodic DR testing in order to verify that the backup
and restore procedures are working.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-03-25
14:40:33: