ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] What are you using to back up laptops/desktops in your environment?

2011-03-28 15:24:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] What are you using to back up laptops/desktops in your environment?
From: Nancy L Leugemors <Leugemors.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:17:42 -0400
Hello Group,

I would like to know what products other TSM folks are using to back up
laptops and desk tops in their environment?   We have a business
requirement that started out with only backing up  an average of '200'
termed laptops/workstations and need to keep the termed employees data for
10 years.   Now the business would like us to look into backing up all our
laptops and workstations(approximately 2,000 Wintel desktops and 600
Wintel laptops).   We believe the average capacity used may be 5-10GB. Our
laptops are already encrypted with encryption software.    We have some
remote offices with laptops(maybe 20 laptops).

We are currently started looking into the EMC Avamar product and IBM so
far?

Anyone using Avamar, if yes, how is it working out for you,any gotcha's?
Anyone using other products that may fit our needs?

Background of our current backup environment:
TSM Server:  5.5.4.0
TSM OS:  AIX, 5.3
We eliminated our physical tape environment in our open systems and
mainframe environment last year.   We replaced our EDLs and physical tape
libraries with Data Domains.   We emulated VTL library for 95% of our
clients and have an NFS share for database logs and important TSM files.
Then we replicate our opens systems(TSM) data domain and our mainframe
data domain to an offsite data domain for DR recovery.

Thank You,

Nancy Leugemors
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.