ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Parallel restores question

2011-03-25 21:13:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Parallel restores question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:10:33 -0400
HSM and backup-restore are very different concepts with equally different
handling and, usually, architecture.  While backup/restore is essentially
serialized, HSM is on demand parallelized via independent processes.  Define
your objectives and then seek a storage architecture to fit the needs.

     Richard Sims