ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 server hardware

2011-03-24 13:54:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 server hardware
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray.vcu AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:52:44 -0400
Get as much hardware as you can afford.

DB2 is a resource hog and it wants fast disk for its DB.

The last 2-servers we ordered are Dell T710 (Xeon X5560) with 48GB RAM and
8-15K 600GB internal drives, 3-PCI-E fibre cards

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM, research <tsm-forum AT backupcentral DOT
com>wrote:

> I am looking to install TSM server 6.2 in the near future.  I have read all
> the IBM documentation.  I am looking for recommendations for the server
> hardware I should install TSM 6.2 on.  We will using Red Hat as the
> operating system.  Thanks.

> |This was sent by tmccuen AT knowledge-link DOT com via Backup Central.

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services
zforray AT vcu DOT edu - 804-828-4807
security number or confidential personal information. For more details visit
http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html