ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 server hardware

2011-03-24 12:41:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 server hardware
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:40:46 -0500
They're all about as good as the other, and if you've already determined
the OS (unless you plan on putting RHEL on pSeries) you have already
determined the platform.  The only thing left is who you're going to buy
it from.  And, the best way to determine this is to go with the hardware
your shop already uses, whether it be IBM, HP, Dell, or whatever.  I
used to use a lot of Compaq then HP stuff, and liked it, especially if
you buy the addon ILO license, same with IBM's servers.  I've never been
a big Dell Server fan, even though I like their laptops.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr., RHCE, CNE, CDE
John 3:16!