ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] draining a diskpool when using a DD and no copypool

2011-03-22 09:44:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] draining a diskpool when using a DD and no copypool
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:42:55 -0500
We've run in to the same conundrum, do you let the device replicate the
deduped data and create the situation described below or do you just let
TSM handle the Offsite copy and end up transferring all the backups data
from the prior night, this assumes you have adequate bandwidth to your
remote site.  We chose to let TSM do the copy as we have the bandwidth
available like the fact of granular control over the VTape and Seq File
volumes.

Regards,

Charles Hart