ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM snapshots for VMs

2011-03-21 10:58:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM snapshots for VMs
From: molin gregory <gregory.molin AT AFNOR DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:51:33 +0100
Hello Chad,

In our environment, we use TSM for TSM backups.
Each ESX Server is member of one proxynode.
We built a backup script from a config file. this file contains VMs to be
backuped

dsmc i  -asnode=ESXPROD /vmfs/volumes/SERVER/SERVER.vmx
vmware-cmd /vmfs/volumes/SERVER/SERVER.vmx createsnapshot Snapshot_SERVER
Desc_SERVER 0 0
dsmc i  -asnode=ESXPROD -filelist=/vmfs/volumes/file_list_SERVER.txt
vmware-cmd /vmfs/volumes/SERVER/SERVER.vmx removesnapshots

The file_list_SERVER.txt contains the list of file to ba backuped.
/vmfs/volumes/SERVER/SERVER-flat.vmdk
/vmfs/volumes/SERVER/VERVER.vmdk

I hope that will help

Cordialement,