ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DR Copy of TSM v6 Database

2011-03-16 16:35:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] DR Copy of TSM v6 Database
From: "Pagnotta, Pam (CONTR)" <Pam.Pagnotta AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:33:24 -0400
Hello,

We would like to use SVC Global Mirror & Flash copy to create a DR copy of our
live TSM database.  If there is anyone out there doing this successfully,
please contact me.

We have run into several problems starting the DR TSM server.  DB2 will not
start and reports missing log files as the issue.  We  have checked the
consistency groups and the timing.  We thought AIX caching of the TSM database
logical volumes was the problem  but alas when we turned off AIX caching and
made a FC of the remote GM target which SVC showed as "consistent &
Synchronized"  DB2 again said we were missing log files.

Since this is not the 'supported' method of creating a copy of the TSM
database, my request to Tivoli Support for assistance was turned down, but they
did suggest that there might be other customers using Global Mirror/Flash Copy
for this purpose.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Pam

Pam Pagnotta