ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] undocumented ANR

2011-03-14 09:00:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] undocumented ANR
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:59:54 +0100
Hi All,

the more time I spend engeneering with TSM version 6, the more unpleasant
surprises I get.

To prevent one TSM server from filling up the home file system and crashing
all TSM servers on that box, we had decided to create a saparate home
filesystem for each TSM server on a box. The installation guide told us that
each DB2 instance requires about 450 MB in the home filesystem, so we
allocated space for that. Turns out that IBM forgot to print a 1 because
during dsmserv format I got:

"ANR1547W The server failed to update the DBDIAGLOGSIZE server option due to
insufficient available space.  Required space: 1024 megabytes;  available
space: 174 megabytes. The current value:2 megabytes."
I never asked for a diaglog of 1 GB! how do I tell TSM that really, 174 MB
is more that enough? I really hope that nobody really needs 1 GB of diag
log... The log should roll over after a few days, right?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post, PLCS