ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] restore string syntax question (solaris)

2011-03-10 14:18:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] restore string syntax question (solaris)
From: deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:14:10 -0500
If your replace a "query backup" with "restore" you should restore the
list of files that you got with the "query backup" if all the other
parameters are the same.

>>> "Hughes, Timothy" <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US> 3/10/2011 1:55
PM >>>
Andy Richard

Thanks

I did a dsmc query backup and the files do exist, however my restore
syntax did not work

/calstovee/ppslogs/mxmstr/mail/mx8o.staff.ni.st-10000_instance1_maillog.20101222-000101-0500_20101222-000402.gz

restore /calstovee/ppslogs/mxmstr/mail/*.2010122 -pitdate=12/20/2010
-pick -ina

I am going to try again I know I missing something, Andy I think I need
to include the part beyond "2010122" like
You hinted below

../mail/myfile2010122
../mail/yourfile2010122abc---

regards