ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Error installing 6.2.0.0 server license

2011-02-28 16:35:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Error installing 6.2.0.0 server license
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:34:18 -0500
I am attempting to install the TSM 6.2.0.0 server license on a mainframe
Linux system running SLES 11 SP1. I am using the command line:

./install.bin -i silent -DLICENSE_ACCEPTED=true -DINSTALL_LICENSE=1

The command fails with exit status 246. The log file
/var/tivoli/tsm/log.txt includes the error messages:

SEVERE : Aborting installer: XML document structures must start and end
within the same entity. (from
com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.plugin.COIProcessInventorySteps.install)

and

Caused by: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/tivoli/tsm/_uninst/plan/inventory/TSM_Inventory/TSM_Inventory.xml:86:
Error occurred trying to parse DE Check Req output file.

Web searches indicate that these errors are usually the result of a
missing library or a shortage of disk space (for the kind of money
we pay for TSM, I would have thought messages like 'Out of space in
/usr' or 'Unable to locate libaio.so.1' were a reasonable
expectation).

The /usr file system, which was involved in the reported disk space
problems, has 2.4 GB of space available.

The library requirements stated in the 'Server Installation Guide' are
GNU C library, Version 2.4-31.43.6, Libaio.so.1, and Libstdc++so.6. I
presume that the latter two are sloppily written forms of libaio.so.1
and libstdc++.so.6.

The libaio.so.1 library exists in /lib64 as a symbolic link to
libaio.so.1.0.1 in the same directory.

The libstdc++.so.6 library exists in both /usr/lib and /usr/lib64,
in each case a symbolic link to libstdc++.so.6.0.10 in the same
directory.

RPM queries report that the glibc-2.11.1-0.17.4 package is installed.

The loader configuration file /etc/ld.so.conf includes, among other
libraries, /lib64, /lib, /usr/lib64, and /usr/lib.

Where do I go from here in terms of troubleshooting?