ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Virtualmountpoint

2011-02-27 09:51:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Virtualmountpoint
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 06:50:19 -0800
Hi all,

Is it possible to use variables in the virtualmountpoint option to force the
backup to copy only some specific files? I need to copy Oracle archive files
generated by RMAN in directories created with the date string.....

I am specifying the full path in the dsmc command using a $date variable....but
it seems TSM is copying everything instead of only the files in that particular
directory.

Here is the script that calls dsmc:

export ARCHLOG=`date +%d%m%y_backuptape.log`
export DATA=`date --date='1 day ago' +%d%m%y2200`
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc incremental -subdir=yes
"/backup/rman/full/$DATA/*"
-optfile=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm-specific.opt >>
/backup/tsmlogs/$ARCHLOG

Any help is appreciated.

Mario