ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VCB Incrementals: Is there a log of what is backed up?

2011-02-24 11:12:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VCB Incrementals: Is there a log of what is backed up?
From: Danny Schmanny <schmanny AT LGCA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:08:54 -0500
Hi Chip and/or Forum Recipients:

Here's the latest update:

I created a .cmd file on the proxy server and double-clicked it on the desktop.
 It started up okay and then gave me the following errors in tsmfile.txt:

ANS9280E 'VMCHOST' option must be set when running this operation.
ANS9266E Failure initializing virtual machine environment. Can not find
vcbMounter.exe command. RC=109

Obviously I cannot just double-click the script to execute but I'm not sure how
to schedule a 'TSM server call on'.

This script almost looks like it has to schedule another whole VCB backup just
to show the files being backed up?  My supervisor thinks I'm headed in the
wrong direction if that is the case.

My thoughts: VCB doesn't make this easy like a TSM agent loaded on the VM box
that gives me a dsmsched.log file.  Should I load a TSM agent on the VM box and
click on the 'restore' option in the BAClient to determine what is being backed
up in VCB and if we want to exclude it?  Is there some way I can check the
backup archive bit to see what is getting backed up?

Sorry for the questions but it seems overly difficult (at least for me) to know
what files VCB is backing up.

Thanks.

Danny Schmanny