ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Migration, IP address change, and New Library at the same time

2011-02-23 17:37:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] Migration, IP address change, and New Library at the same time
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:26:54 -0600
Ladies and Gents, we're going to be migrating from TSM 5.5.3 to TSM
6.2.2, along with that we'll be moving to a new Library as well.  Up to
this point I don't see any issues as we already use the combo we'll be
putting in place at this location.

The problem is we have to maintain the current TSM server's IP address.
Which means that we'll need to use a temp address on the new server
until after the migration is complete, shut down the old server, change
IPs, and then bring up the new server.

My question is has anyone here done this that would have suggestions on
steps related to that?  (i.e. set ip address on new server and change
old, do migration, other way around, etc.).

See Ya'

Howard Coles Jr.

John 3:16!